R. CRAIG HARRISON
R. Craig Harrison was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan on January 11, 1958. He was admitted to the Michigan Bar in 1983 and to the Florida Bar in 1985. He attended the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, receiving his B.A. in 1980; and the University of Detroit, receiving his J.D. in 1983. Mr. Harrison is a Board-Certified Estate Planning and Probate Lawyer and member of the Probate and Trust Litigation Committee of the Florida Bar. He is also a member of Delta Theta Phi. He is the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award: Trusts and Estates. Mr. Harrison is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics.
Mr. Harrison is board-certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates. He is a member of the Florida Bar, State Bar of Michigan and the Sarasota Bar Association. He is a member of the Probate and Trust Litigation Committee of the Florida Bar. He is the former President of the Sarasota Downtown Association, and Director of the Sarasota Downtown Association. Mr. Harrison is actively involved in the community and served on the Blue Ribbon Committee and Aesthetic Task Force in Sarasota.
- Florida, 1985
- Michigan, 1983
- J.D., University of Detroit, 1983
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1980
- Board-Certified Estate Planning and Probate Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Associations and memberships
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- The Florida Bar
- Probate and Trust Litigation Committee of the Florida Bar
- American Jurisprudence Award: Trusts and Estates
- “Homestead — The Post-Death Spousal Disclaimer: A Cure for a Constitutionally Prohibited Devise,” The Florida Bar Journal, April 1996
- “Fundamentals of Will Drafting,” NBI Institute, May 2011
- “Using Living Trusts and Powers of Attorney as Estate Planning Tools,” NBI Institute, May 2011
- “Trusts: TBE or Not TBE,” The Florida Bar Journal, May 2013.